Tuesday, November 28, 2006

An Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my column, or for those of you that used to visit me at my old site, welcome back. To bring everyone up to speed I'm going to rerun my archived columns everyday until we're all on the same page. Then we'll go back to the once a week posting that most of you were used to.
Webster defines a hippie as; “A young person of the 1960’s who rejected established social values, advocated spontaneity, free expression of love and the expanding of consciousness.” A conservative on the other hand is defined as; ” A person who is conservative in principles, actions, habits, etc.” Conservative in this definition is meant to mean ‘moderate’ not extreme right, as some tend to associate it.
This, I think, defines me perfectly. A person cought between his 60’s values and his moderate conservative morals. I am, in other words, a walking contradiction. To far left too be with the right and too far right to suit the left. Everyones hates me on some level. My mom jokes that I used to debate Jehovah’s Witnesses to the point where they would skip our house. I love to debate. My goal in this column is to get George Bush to support aborting people like me. To make Michael Moore support capital punishment, as long as I’m first to go. I want The Pope to hope to strangle me and Ghandi to rise from his grave and punch me in my pudgy little face. No one is going to be safe. I’m riding a hellbound train Savoy Brown wouldn’t get on. A switch hitter of the political sort. I’ll ask you why you never see videos of black cops beating up white criminals. (Surely it happens.) Why is marijuana still illegal despite the fact that past potheads keep becoming presidents. (If it really causes brain damage, are we electing brain damaged people? hmmmmm……) does the Republican party really want to change Roe vs. Wade? ( don’t they get most of their money from people who will stop contributing once it is overturned?)
So keep reading folks, strap in and hang on, your going to question everything you believe.
H.C.

6 comments:

Andre said...

Hey Hipster.

It's been a pretty fun ride so far. I hope that a switch in venue won't change that much!

The H.C. said...

Hey Dre,
Welcome aboard! Where do I get a thoughtful looking photo like that! On second thought, If people saw what I looked like I probably wouldn't get many hits. Best to keep that one a secret. As far as changing, I wouldn't know how. So far this site has been working out. One whole day and it hasn't shut down yet. (crosses fingers) Plus I already know I like the neighbors.

Andre said...

Hey Hipster,

If you've expecting me to bake you an apple pie, you're gonna be pretty disappointed. All I can do is welcome you by hurling mean comments your direction.

I mean, what are neighbors for?!

By the way, did you lose all of your posts and comments from your other blog? I certainly hope not. You had too much valuable commentary for it to get lost because the SEC decided to shut down iblog.

Anonymous said...

No anonymous comments? Surely this will stifle free speech? lol

Glad to see you posting that is up more than 2% of the time!

Although I am a little sad I didn't get to build your website. Oh well...

The H.C. said...

Hey Dre,
Whether or not I lost all my posts is still up in the air, but, fortunately I backed them all up. As far as your comments, I never noticed any of them being "mean" but I expect you to challenge me ever now an' then. How else will the people hear the other side?

The H.C. said...

Hey Will,
Welcome aboard! Don't worry, I still need your help with getting my media up. I changed the comment restrictions so you or anyone else can be anonymous. I didn't even notice that it was on.