Thursday, September 6, 2007

WHY ARE EX CLINTON AIDS DEFECTING TO OBAMA?

Question; What do Susan Rice, Anthony Lake, Ivo Daalder, Sarah Sewall, and Greg Craig all have in common? The answer? All five are respected advisers who once worked for the Clinton Administration and now work for Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) on his presidential campaign. Now, if Ms. Clinton is the wonderful person that the left-leaning mainstream media wants us to believe, why are so many people who stood proudly with her husband fighting hard to keep her out of the White House? Could it be that the loud accusations that ex-Clinton political consultant Dick Morris has been making about Hillary are all true? One has to wonder.

Ever since Mr. Morris left the Clinton Administration, he has been telling anyone that would listen that Hillary is.....well, a bit of a bitch. Maybe I'm being too kind to Hillary there. Frankly, what Dick Morris has been saying is Hillary is a down-right evil, power hungry, backstabbing, vicious bitch who will run over anyone and say anything to become this nation's first female president. He wrote a book bashing the Clintons (Rewriting History) and another one bashing all the main Democrat Players and their shady ways (Outrage). After each book, Dick went out on tour, telling anyone that would have him ( Mostly just Fox News and right leaning talk show hosts) how evil the Clintons are. He must have struck quite a nerve as the George Soros funded (through the Democratic Alliance) media arm, Media Matters, went directly after Mr. Morris, attacking both him and his book. To be truthful, I always viewed Dick Morris as a disgruntled employee, mad at being cut out of the picture and now out for revenge. But the amount of ex-Clinton advisers joining Obama's camp has got me wondering.


So who exactly are these people? Let me go down the list. Susan E. Rice was the United States Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs in the Clinton Administration, she was appointed by Bill in 1997. (Note that the Wikipedia site conveniently leaves Clinton's name out). Anthony Lake was one of candidate Bill Clinton's chief foreign policy advisers during his 1992 presidential bid. Following Clinton's 1996 reelection victory, Lake was nominated by President Clinton for CIA Director but was turned down after Republican objections. Ivo Daalder was in the Clinton administration from 1995-96, he served as director for European Affairs on President Clinton's National Security Council staff, where he was responsible for coordinating U.S. policy toward Bosnia. Sarah Sewall served as the first Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Peacekeeping and Humanitarian Assistance during the Clinton administration, and finally, Greg Craig was Clinton's lawyer during his impeachment proceedings.


Now, the question I have for all of you to chew on is this: Why have so many people who have faithfully advised, even defended, Bill Clinton during his years in the White House, joined up with a little known freshman Senator from Illinois to hopefully stop Hillary from becoming our next president? You know, I'm not sure I have the answer, but it is making me take a second look at all Dick Morris' accusations and wondering; Do all these people know something about Hillary Clinton that we don't....and should? H.C.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi H.C. :)

Ummm, as you know I am a Ron Paul supporter, and have no love for Hiliary Clinton. However, I thought your piece to be a little mean spirited. Mrs. "C" did try and get all of us Americans health care. And was a loving and forgiving First Lady and mother.

She brings a certain charisma and charm to the election process.
She is very smart and, like her husband, a master in polyticks.

Again, I don't support her, but at the end of the day, all of us will agree, she stands atop of that great mountain - Bilge.

Rod Ryker...

The H.C. said...

Hey Rod,
I'm not 100% sure how to take your comment. If I'm not mistaken, I think I detected a tinge of sarcasm in the "loving and forgiving First Lady" part, but I could be wrong. I didn't actually say anything bad about Ms. Clinton (Rod, you know liberated women don't like the "Mrs" label.) I was merely repeating what Dick Morris says about her. I didn't even bring up Dick's claims that she had her own secret police to terrorize enemies with, or the fact that all that botox has her looking like an evil puppet. And I agree, she is very smart and a good politician. I was only asking some questions, and even a fine, outstanding candidate such as Hillary should have to be held to task.
P.S. I just got done watching the Republican debates, and I felt Dr.Paul held his own very well even when under attack.

Andre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andre said...

Hippie, I wouldn't entirely say that defectors are a growing threat to the Clinton camp. Though I tend to think that the majority of Americas would prefer a close-to-the-middle candidate (which would make an Obama/Paul showdown pretty interesting), most Democrat supporters are so pissed with the GOP right now that they're not willing to cast their votes for someone who has openly acknowledged a need to "reach across the aisle". I like Obama and Paul's vision in that sense may be their downfalls. Still, I admire them for having the courage to be a little more radical with their agendas. Hell, Fred Thompson might even start getting cool points with me if he can share in that vision (well, that and getting a little more than four people to show up at his campaign rallies.)

The H.C. said...

Hey Dre,
After watching the Republican debates, I have to say, the only guy I could support would be Mitt. I like Dr. Paul, but his opinion and mine on the war and the role of government are too far apart. On the other side I would have to say it would be Bill Richardson, although I would love to see a Obama vs. Mitt race. I think they both represent different ways of attacking our problems and would give the people a clear choice between two visions. I did like Mike Huckabee, but he really lost me on the consumer tax. I can't support any ideas that put the burden more heavily on the poorest Americans while giving a break to the richest. Most people don't understand that poor people pay no income tax and even get money back through the earned income tax credit. (Which, by the way, was given to them by Republicans as an alternative to raising the minimum wage.) I have one clear goal for this election; Stop Hillary-I'm sick to death of the handing of our government from one family member to the next and the revenge motive that follows. Everyone is so upset that people are dying in Iraq (justifiably) even though they volunteered. We need to be at least as upset about the children who die from lack of health insurance coverage who volunteered for nothing. As far as Fred, my verdict is still out. You know, as an Obama supporter, you should be thanking me for this piece.

Anonymous said...

Hi H.C. :)

Bush - Clinton - Bush - Clinton...
I don't think so.
My post was sarcasm, (polyticks).
At the end I said it all when I said she stand's atop a mountain of Bilge (bullshit), or (stupidity) if you will.

We were lied to about WMD.
We were lied to about 9/11.
Our troops should not be in any of the 130 countries throughout the world we have bases in.
We are now of an Imperial mindset.
New Rome?

Also, this federal government was created by the constitution. It draws it's authority strictly from that "goddamn piece of paper" as G.B. said. Just as G.B. draws his power from it as well.
The fed has way over stepped (illegally) the bounds of constitutional restriction. The states have polluted their constitutions also. If ya want to legally get what you want, offer a state constitutional amendment.
Like we used to when governments recognized what their constitutions
stipulated: Duties, obligations, and limitations ONLY.

Take care.

Rod Ryker...

The H.C. said...

Hey Rod,
"Bush - Clinton - Bush - Clinton..." I could not have said it any better myself. It's like we have a dual Monarchy. I'm not an absolutionist on what our Founding Fathers intended, (Short of bringing them back to life, I don't see how we can be 100% sure of all their intents when words can be twisted to suit people's agendas) but I'm dead sure it wasn't for us to hand power back and forth between two families. I'm amazed at how many people I talk to that have no problem with it. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and continuous power corrupts continuously.

Andre said...

*Shudders at the thought of Hilary from 2008-2016, Jeb Bush from 2016-2020; Chelsea Clinton from 2020-2028; Jenna Bush from 2028-2032*

Gulp!

Andre said...

Although I must admit, Laura Bush would be a pretty sweet Commander in Chief for a couple of terms. She doesn't talk too much; which is always good. But when she finally does say something, it's usually pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Rod: Hi H.C. :)

H.C. said (in re Founding Fathers): "I don't see how we can be 100% sure of all their intents"

Sure you can!
Read the Federalist Papers AND the Anti Federalist Papers.
Ya need to read both sets.
Federalist believed in a strong Federal Government, and the Anti Federalist, were concerned with state sovereignety and of course a weak Federal Government.

But much moore importantly, read the arguments from the congressional record back then during the foundation of the constitution. I have a paper called: "The James Madison Presentment" where he describes the Bill of Rights he wrote and why. There's a very interesting writing of the 2nd Amendment in their also. I can send it to whoever wants it - oh why do I keep asking... ;)

It's a fact that the Bush and Clinton families are and have been friends for many years.
It's a fact that The Bin Laden and Bush families have been friends for many years.

Funny how Bush, Congress and the news media all are brainwashing us daily with this BIZZARE notion that we live in a Democracy, when we don't.
We live in a Rebupblic.

Reminds me of a famous quote:
"...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious."

-Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

History ROCKS!

Rod Ryker...

The H.C. said...

@ Andre *I shudder along with you*

The H.C. said...

Great stuff Dre,
Such language from a librarian is pretty shocking.

The H.C. said...

Hey Rod,
I actually have read the Federalist Papers and would recommend that everyone do it too. I haven't read the Anti-Federalist Papers, I confess I didn't even know they existed-I'll check it out. As far as knowing for sure about the F.F. intent. Think of how people have argued the word "militia" in reference to the 2nd Amendment.It may be cut-and dry for you, but I get a completely different point of view from the Liberal Professors on my campus. (Which I usually disagree with) Just because it seems absolute to you, doesn't mean everyone agrees, including the Supreme Court. This is a case of reality vs. theory. I wish it was as true as you want it to be, but in the real world people debate it all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hi H.C. :)

Hmmm, you have been only knowing half the opinions of the FF's. Yes, the Anti Fed. papers are also a must. They warned of what a strong federal government would do.
And much of it has come to pass.

If you read the Federalist and Anti Federalist Papers, then you are not arguing, for you know what you're talking about now, and the others don't.

Thomas Jeffersons' (Anti - Federalist), cousin John Marshall (Federalist) was the Chief Justice of The U.S. Supreme Court during the 1833 case of Barron v City of Baltimore, 32 U.S. 243.
Where John Marshall quoted a fellow Federalist - Hamilton, from one of Hamilton's Federalist Papers. Marshall decided that the citizens of the states are NOT U.S. Citizens and hence, the first 8 Amendments of The Bill of Rights did not apply to them.

It's not a case of reality v theory.
It is simply government school's v The American People's education of American Law and it's history.
School's won't teach us, why in the hell would they?! Ignorance of Law and Rights of the individual is wonderful for them.
Most people think that Federal Statutes from Congress is the Law of the Land - it's not. They don't apply to citizens of the states.

Rod Ryker...