Sunday, December 23, 2007

MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST

If I only could, I would wish these blessings on all of you (and me!) for the Holidays;

*Peace*

Peace in all it's forms. Peace of mind, Peace of spirit, Peace among mankind, Peace between ourselves and the Environment, Piece of.......well, you get the idea.

*Clarity of Thought*

This one may sound odd at first, but don't throw it in the "return" pile just yet, clarity of thought is very important. It's so hard to make good decisions if your mind is burdened with stress, emotion, or irrational thought. To truly clear your mind up is to see things as they really are, untainted by prejudice, preconceptions, or outside influence. Of all the gifts I would give you, this is the one I would love for myself.

*Foresight instead of Hindsight*

Wouldn't it be great if we knew how things were going to turn out BEFORE they happened. (like lottery numbers!) If I could only count the number of times that I thought to myself, "If only I knew it was going to turn out like this." Hindsight's only attribute is that it teaches and humbles us. A good thing I suppose, but Foresight, it seems, would make hindsight unnecessary.

*Patience and Conviction*

This is one I've learned from hunting. When your out in the cold woods waiting for something to show up that has no schedules, you begin to doubt. Doubt creeps into your soul and starts eating away at your faith in your decisions. Soon you begin to second guess yourself. "Maybe I should have sat by the corn, or up on the ridge." You tell yourself. Finally, doubt wins and you stand up.........just in time to watch a big buck bound off. Making your best decisions work sometimes requires patience. Without conviction to your idea, patience waits alone.

*Love*

What kind of Wish list would this be without love? Fortunately, I'm very lucky in this department. I have wonderful children, adorable grandchildren, and a wife who love me and supports all my endeavors, no matter how strange (like Professional Bass Fisherman or Writer) I can't imagine a world without love and I believe it's part of the human condition to need it. So as my final wish to all of you, I wish all the love you give to be returned to you double, and that you use that love to make someone else's life here a little better. (Utopian I know, but this is a Wish List )


I hope all of you have the best Christmas, Hanuka, Kwanzaa, or (Enter your choice of Winter Holiday) ever! H.C.

4 comments:

lime said...

perfect gift list. i wish you all the same and the merriest christmas to you and your kin.

The H.C. said...

Thanks Lime,
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

that perfect kind of peace can only come from God, and even then we have to learn how to get in that place to receive it and walk in it. i incorporate "clarity of thought/clear, concise, precise thoughts" in my everyday prayers.

i hope you had a wonderful Christmas and i wish you the all of the best in the coming 2008 New Year H.C.

The H.C. said...

Thanks Heiress,
In the few moments that I actually have clarity of thought I also get Peace in my soul. I'm glad you see the value, it's so easy to be overwhelmed and to start thinking in ways that do us no good.
My Christmas was wonderful and full of family and friends, I hope yours was too! Have a safe and happy New Year!