Tuesday, January 8, 2008

HILLARY'S GAMBIT

I am slightly conflicted on how I should approach this piece. On one hand I believe everyone should get the benefit of the doubt and that without proof of guilt, they should be presumed innocent. However, I also believe that very few things in politics are accidental. For that reason I'm going to try to demonstrate for you a timeline of events that seems to be calculated by Hillary Clinton to get sympathy/support from fellow women. I think this is a good example of how politicians try to mainipulate us by separating us and playing on our emotions towards each other. I need to stress here that while the circumstantial evidence is strong, I don't have any info that this was in fact her intent. Just to be fair to Hillary.

This story basically starts in Iowa right after the Caucus. The numbers started coming in and as we all know it didn't look good for Ms. Clinton. The fact that Barack Obama beat her she could shrug off, but what I'm sure disturbed her was the number of women who voted for Obama. This is something that Hillary can not afford to let happen, women are counted on by the Clinton strategists to propel her to victory in the primary and then on to the Presidency. Without strong support from women, I don't believe she can win. So, (and here's where I'm making an assumption) I believe that people within Hillary's Camp decided to make an appeal to women through staged events.

The first one was during a event in New Hampshire with 16 undecided voters. Hillary was sitting at a big table in Cafe Espresso in Portsmouth, New Hampshire with the voters, who just happened to be mostly women. One of the women asked Ms. Clinton, (you can watch the video here) "How do you, how do you keep upbeat and so wonderful?" After claiming that she didn't always look great, Hillary then became emotional after reflecting,"You know, I have so many opportunities from this country [I] just don't want to see us fall backwards." Now, for Hill, this works on two levels; first she doesn't have to worry about being accused of being "overly emotional" since that will only unify women behind her. Second; her statement about having "opportunities" and her fear of a "fall backwards" is well designed to remind women that she is standing stoic in the face of a male dominated world. She then went on to a populous theme claiming her mission is, "about our country , it's about our kids' futures, and it's really about all of us together." There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

The second example I have for you is a little stranger. During Hillary's tour of New Hampshire, a male protester stood up and apparently unfolded a large sign that read "Iron My Shirt". To make sure everyone understood his sign, he also yelled his well-thought out slogan. Ms. Clinton, calm and undaunted, despite the fact that a man standing 20 feet from her with a clear shot was unfolding a sign, responded with, “Oh, the remnants of sexism are alive and well,” Even the Secret Service seemed to be a little slow to react to someone who could have easily have unfolded anything inside his poster. If you look closely at this picture you can even see the folds. The only other answer is that the Secret Service had already looked at the sign and was therefore unafraid. This begs the question; Then why would he be right upfront? One has to assume that someone, some where, said that was all right. Hell, even the press can't get that close to Hillary. Ms Clinton then finished her show with, “As I think has just been abundantly demonstrated, I am also running to break through the highest and hardest glass ceiling.” The mostly female audience stood and cheered. Once again, a staged play for the female vote.

Now, I'm not faulting Hillary for trying desperate measures in desperate times, but let's call this what it is. I'm not even trying to say that she's the only one who would try such a thing (hardly, history is full of examples). But I am saying this; It seem to me that this is more than just a wonderful series of events that just so happened to work out in Hillary's favor. Given the timing, the numbers and the situation, it would take a leap of faith to believe this wasn't an orchestrated and frankly rather transparent attempt to win women back over by staging events. But, once again.....I don't have any real proof, so come to your own conclusion. H.C.

12 comments:

lime said...

oh i don't believe for a second that those tears were genuine. can't prove it any better than you, but i just think everything she does is carefully calculated.

that being said, i can't stand that her tears are even newsworthy. i about wanted to puke when i saw a whole news report on it. why the hell is this sort of thing worthy of so much attention? i do think it is partly because she is a woman. the media plays so nicely into it all, eh?

all i can say is that woman's tears do not earn this woman's sympathy ....or vote.

Anonymous said...

Wow HC, you & conspiracy theories tend not to mix. ;)

But, you're right, "...very few things in politics are accidental." I can almost guarantee that the "tears" were a calculated scheme. The sad part? It worked. I don't have the #s in front of me, but I read that the # of women who went into the polls undecided the yesterday overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Again, as I've previously hinted @ on Andre's blog, it's disgusting how easily (so) many people can be influenced.

-n

DobyD said...

Politics = Bullshit in this country. Just a means to keep the masses entertained and divided. Ploy after plow after ploy. Its becomes ridiculous after watching years of candidate upon candidate TALK about how they will accomplish this and that from adolescence to adulthood. Very little changes folks, why do people buy this bull.

I love blogs like this for one simple reason. It reminds me that there is always hope cause there are still people out there that have the ability to read between the line and sift through all that gray area.

So far I am in Paul's corner for 2008 until further notice.

I will admit that Hillary has become a decent actress, maybe she can play herself if they ever make a movie about her.

The H.C. said...

Hey Lime,
I have to say, it was shocking to wake up this morning (Jan 9) and see that Hillary won N.H. As unbelievable as it is, I guess it worked.

The H.C. said...

Hey Nic,
Yeah, I guess you right. I'm just not good at conspiracy theories. I could have laid this all down without the disclaimers and probably got a lot more play. But then I'd be even more in conflict with myself since I don't believe in most conspiracy theories. I will say this about C.T.'s they do usually ask a lot of good questions even if they lack proof. The big news this morning is that her ploy worked.

The H.C. said...

Hey Ajbendana,
I think your assessment of politics is dead on. To use an old adage; "politics is like sausage, the more you know about it...the less you want to swallow it." Thanks for the props my friend and I agree Hill is getting to be quite the actress. I think she was using the thought of her years-long plan fading away as motivation for those tears.
Ron Paul '08

DobyD said...

Hahahaha, I like all your old adages. You seem to have a book load of them.

Send me the ones you got if you find the time. Thanks.


Also, I recently found the link to That Tabor Guys blog and was pretty blow away buy that three part saga. It felt like his and my life are fraternal twins or atleast first cousins. Good stuff.


ajbendana@gmail.com

Andre said...

Frankly, I'm not suprised by Hillary's N.H. win. Things are materializing as I predicted. But never in a million years would I have predicted that the whole "please cry for me, Argentina" thing would work. But when you're able to arouse people's sentiments in one way or another (in Hill's case, it's deliberating planting the Iron Shirt guy so she could come out as some champion for women), you can get people's support.

Obama's only chance now is to pull out some story about being a poor and unfortunate young person who had to scratch and claw for a meager survival. Oh crap, too late.

The H.C. said...

Hey Ajbendana,
Thanks, I'll have to keep giving you my adages as they come to me, I can't really remember them whenever I want without the inspiration-Sorry. Yeah, Tabor is a good writer, I don't know why he hasn't be doing it lately. He's a bit unpreditable.

The H.C. said...

Hey Dre,
It's very unfortunate that we as a people are easily manipulated by emotions. Maybe Spock (the Star Trek Spock) was right that emotions clouds our decisions. Don't count Barack out yet, but N.H. did really hurt him big time.

DobyD said...

HC, have you ever seen the Arron Russo's film: AMERICA Freedom to Fascism?

The H.C. said...

Hey Ajbendana,
No, I haven't, but I'll give it a look as soon as I can find a copy.
I view most of these things with a healthy dose of skepticism. The opinion that the Government is clandestinely operating never really sits too well with me. The genesis of that thought usually comes from not knowing how something was done or operates. Whenever I research these claims (like that the U.S. Government brought down the WTC) there is usually a factually based answer to the questions brought up by the theorists. If you bring it up to them they simply deny your source no matter how reliable while claiming their sources (which often includes themselves, other conspiracy theorists, and even 'anonymous sources or e-mails') are irrefutable. The Federal Reserve is, in and of itself, a questionable enity (one of the Government enities attacked in the film from what I read). But, with a little research, it's fairly easy to see what they're up to. (like funneling money to leading institutions). This has been reported a lot lately due to the sub-prime market fiasco. I could argue either side to keeping it around, but I don't think it is very secretive about what it's doing. Does the fed reserve prop up some people and make a lot of people rich with our, the people's, money? YES. That can also be said about damn near every form of Government bailout. The argument would be that the collapse of those istitutions would be far worse on the average person than the bailout. Therefore the need for the Fed Reserve. The film (from the reviews that I read) also makes the case that the IRS is unconstitutional along with the Board of Education and a lot of other programs. While factually accurate in my opinion, I wouldn't go putting a stop on my check to the U.S. Treasury if I were you. What they really saying is that they were created without following Constitutional procedure (an Amendment for instance) as outlined by our forefathers. I could argue that all day. It would be very boring and I would be attacked by Libertarians. The bottom line is this; unless specifically outlawed by Congress or the Supreme Court, it is going to be deemed legal-end of story. View these films as entertainment only, they can be very dangerous in my opinion to people who take them as fact or act on the assumptions made. (For instance; not paying your taxes)