Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A PERSONAL UPDATE

With hunting season now upon us, I'm having a little trouble keeping up with all my chores. Such as posting on my blog. For those of you interested, I've already bagged a fat 6-pointer that I caught trespassing and the venison is already in my freezer. (I do all my own processing) Outside of that, here's a quick update.

Unfortunately, Flinttalkradio and me have parted ways. The removal of Steve Brewer, who I consider a good friend, from the show has caused me to re-evaluate my relationship with the owners/operators of Flinttalkradio and Studio 1714. While I hold no animosity towards either Steve Meyers or John Wilson (they did give me good exposure), their view of the world and our working relationship is considerably different than mine. This happens even among friends. I stand by my view that everyone has a right to their opinion and I respect those of both Steve and John even as I adamantly disagree with them. I would have hoped that I would get the same respect, but I unfortunately, did not.

I will however, be trying to keep our business relationship solid and would not discourage anyone from visiting their sites.

This leaves me with only my blog for venting and I've already decided that is not enough. So, in order to create a new venue for my music, opinions and commentary, I've started working on several new sites that I'm hoping to link all together with my blog. The main idea is for me and Steve Brewer to build our own studio where we will not be under the whims of other people's visions of our show. Steve is a gifted comedian/commentator and I can't wait to start producing what I'm sure is going to be the best product we've produced yet. Part of what we're looking to do is to help promote local bands and music by running their songs between our commentary.

I'm going to be posting our show on YouTube and any other venue that will have us. I'm looking forward to working with Steve and he is already full of ideas on how we can make our show even better. I'll keep all of you posted as to our progress and I'll let you know when and where you can catch us on the Internet. For now, here's a sample of the kind of stuff we'll be running. We had a misunderstanding with Eric and Carson from Banana 101. I apologize for the bad audio, it was out of my hands. H.C.

9 comments:

TABOR said...

I'm sorry to hear you are no longer part of that webcast. But I think that it's actually a blessing in disguise. The 5 or 6 times I watched the show, you and Steve were the reason to watch, whereas John was basically a moderator and buzz-kill. Like when he threw that temper tantrum and cancelled the show because someone asked him a question. I don't expect much of a response on here about that because you're mature and it's water under the bridge. But I do think that the show that you and Steve do will be infinately more entertaining and organized. Good luck with getting it off the ground and let me know if I can post any links for you on my blog, myspace pace, or facebook page. Keep it up homie!!

Anonymous said...

Their loss dawg.

But now that you're gone, I suspect they'll start shifting to far more important matters; like seasonal gardening tips.

The H.C. said...

Thanks Tabor,
Andy has offered to let us use his garage to set up a studio so things are rolling in the right direction. I would love to have you call in as soon as we get all set up....which may take a while. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress, we're both very anxious to get back on the air!

The H.C. said...

Thanks Dre!
I'm sure they will still do well and it's bad Karma for me to hope otherwise. I have to admit though, I'll be glad to be away from all that stress. Thanks for your encouragement, that means a lot to me....to have the support of people I respect.

lime said...

well congrats on the 6 pointer. we process all our own venison too and are hoping for a freezer full soon. the youth hunt is at the end of the month and then deer season (with rifles) is after thanksgiving.

sorry to hear things didnt' work out so well with the radio station. best of luck with your alternate venues.

TABOR said...

Well maybe I can stop in for a special guest spot if you end up doing the show at Andy's. I'd love to drop some of my messed up world views all over people's faces. A little football, a little politics, a little poetry. I'll keep the viewers on their toes.

The H.C. said...

Hi Lime,
Thanks, you know my motto, "Animals, fun to pet....even better to chew." This is my first year using the new "Rage" broadheads. So far, I'm very impressed. He left a blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow and died within minutes. Best of luck on your season. Thanks for your words of encouragement, I'm hoping to set up a new program. Most likely just a Youtube show in the short run. I'll keep everyone posted. I believe I've learned a few things with the last show and I'm going to focus more on entertainment and try to slip the info in here and there. Steve is hysterical and I think we make a good team.

The H.C. said...

Hey Tabor,
O.K. I'm going to hold you to it. I think you would fit right in the kind of show we're going to be creating. Thanks for your support my brother!

TABOR said...

Ok then, I'll be there. I'm a pretty low maintenance celebrity. All I need is a pint of vodka and hopefully you can bring some of that tasty "Medical Marijuana" to really get my verbal motor goin.