Saturday, March 17, 2007

H.C. DROPS HIS VEIL AT STUDIO 1714!


Most of the time I try not to bore all of you with my personal life, which is basically drinking 3 Molsons and falling asleep, but I thought this was particularly interesting. I just got back from recording several segments of political discussion at "Studio 1714", a Flint-talk radio supported Internet show. I got to sit in the hot seat with John and Steve, who have made quite a name for themselves both on radio and in the Internet world. They've interviewed a whole host of local political figures and local entertainers such as Bryan McCree, a well know comedian.

So how did 'Ol H.C. bag such a coup d'e tat? Simple, I lied and said I had more readers than Maureen Doud, Cal Thomas, and Thomas Freedman put together. Actually, I sent them an E-Mail and after reading some of my rants, they thought I seemed an interesting character.

So I put on my best tie-dyed t-shirt, my Brook Brothers suit and made my way to the studio looking a little like Timothy Leary and Ann Coulter hooked up and had a child 47 years ago. On the way I stopped to pick up some water and breath mints at a local store. I must have been an interesting site as a homeless dude kept looking at me from the corner of his eye and people seemed to want to keep a little distance between us. The Arab-looking gentleman behind the counter treated me like everyone else, my guess is you could come in humping a goat and he wouldn't have noticed.

Once I got to the Studio, nervous and wondering if I had made a mistake, Steve and John set about making me feel right at home. These guys are so easygoing, within minutes you feel like you've known them all your life. We went through a whole slew of possible subject matter and then set about recording. John is the more outgoing of the two although I would say either one of them has their moments of brilliance. I found myself feeling very comfortable in front of the camera, in fact, for a while I forgot all about it. Their camera man blends right in and leaves the show to form itself, I think that's a good part of why it feels so much like just shooting the shit with some of your buddies. The first segment went by so quickly I was stunned that it was over. They then asked if I wanted to do a few more and feeling all politically charged up I couldn't wait to jump back in.

We covered everything from Medicinal Marijuana to Governor Granholm. You can catch it on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Studio1714 . The most interesting thing about this for me is, I Loved It. I had no idea how I would feel about talking on video (I'm very self conscious about my looks), or on the radio. I'm desperately interested in how all of you felt I did and am looking forward to your comments. Don't cut me no slack, I'm a big boy, I can take it. In the mean time, watch out Bill O'Reilly, watch your back James Carville, I might be thinking your job looks like a lot of fun. H.C.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earthquakes....check.
Hurricanes....check.
Famine....check.
The HC being broadcast in video on the internet....check.

The apocalypse is officially now upon us. Thanks HC. ;P

-n

The H.C. said...

Lol Nic,
I wasn't aware I was one of the signs of the Apocalypse. But I do know you missed one; Ashley Simpson at the top of the music charts. Surely that's worse the 'Ol H.C. spoutin' off.

Anonymous said...

H.C.
And I think I speak for myself and Steve when I say we thought you were great ! We hope you keep coming back for my shows and maybe even bring on your friends and others . Thanks again for making the shows with us H.C John ,from Studio1714

Anonymous said...

I meant "more' shows,not "my" shows,,I swear Steve it it our show. Definetly have to read things through before posting. Sheesh,I am an idiot!

Anonymous said...

Heard of you.
On Studio1714.
What the hell gives you the friggan right to say what you think!
What gives you the right to speak that opinion!
Your livin' in Amerika buddy, which of course is not a Republic!
It's a Democracy!
And in a Democracy the minority has no rights!
And guess what pal, you're the MINORITY!!!
Get a clue dude. ;)